Saturday 17 May 2014

Promo + Author Interview - Flight and Wasteland by Lindsay Leggett

Book Promo (of one of my fave series!)


Book One


Title: Flight (Flight, #1)
Author: Lindsay Leggett
Pages: 273
Release date: 1st April 2013

Blurb from Goodreads:

The first rule of survival in the Underground: When you’re outside, keep your eyes on the skies. Ace Harpy Hunter Piper Madden is used to danger, but the death of her brother slams the brakes on her high-torque lifestyle and leaves her broken and confused.

On the run from the dictating Elder Corporation, she’s eventually found in the quiet undergound city of Ichton and asked to work for the Corp on contract to quell a new and frightening Harpy threat.

Enter the discovery of horrifying Corporation secrets, Harpy attacks, and a new friendship with the strange Asher, and Piper’s days become anything but boring.

Then, a chance encounter leaves Piper privy to a dangerous secret, ad as she and Asher team up in an effort to unravel the truth, the secrets they uncover beneath the ancient walls of the dead city will spark their world into a grand-scale war.
  



Read my five star review here




Book Two


Title: Wasteland (Flight, #2)
Author: Lindsay Leggett
Pages: 234
Release date: 7th December 2013

Blurb from Goodreads:

Trapped in a cell and experimented on, Piper Madden's only hope is remembering Asher. Then, Elder Corp President Rupert Elder gives her new orders: to be a leader in a war against the Harpies. Without a choice, Piper must obey Rupert's commands or suffer from paralyzing and painful Nanomachines. But the war is just beginning, and Asher has gone missing. The resistance is slowly building, and the upcoming war will be larger and bloodier than anything seen since the Devastation that ruined the earth. Throughout all of this, Piper remembers the time before she ran to Ichton, when David was alive and her hope in Elder Corp was still strong.




Read my five star review here.  



Can't wait for Book Three!!!!!!






When did you start writing?

I wrote my first book when I was somewhere around 7. It was about literal "cat" burglars who stole my cat! :)

 
What makes you want to write?

Listening to great music or watching an awesome movie or TV show always gets me going. I love stories and characters, and expressing them!

 
Do you ever get writer's block and what do you do to get over it?

All the time. To get over it I take a notepad and pen and sit somewhere quiet where I won't be disturbed. Then I just write, not caring about the words, as long as I get them down. Usually after a few minutes I'm on a roll.

 
Do you have a special way of going about writing?

I like to write by hand, first. I'm also a plotter. I find if I have my scenes worked out then the writing comes out more organically, if that makes sense

 
What are your hobbies? 

I collect them! Mainly I work with horses, sing and play ukulele, and garden :)

 
How did you choose the character names for the Flight series?

In early incarnations Piper's name was Syrinx (A dryad in Greek mythology) and Asher was Aiden. Eventually the names Piper and Asher just came to me.

 
Who is your favorite character in the Flight series?

That's tough. I really love Piper, of course. She's my main. But maybe my favorite is Asher. He's always been a bit of a complicated character, tragic and beautiful at the same time. Can I swoon over my own character?

 
Where did you get the idea for Flight series?

About 12 years ago, I had a story going about a guy in a post-apocalyptic wasteland who got involved with vampires. Then, I was reading a webcomic called "Arcana" that had Harpies in it, and they were so interesting and beautiful, that I rewrote the entire plot, creating my own Harpies the way I envisioned them. Other visual inspirations included the Underworld movies.

 
What was your favourite part of writing the Flight series?

I think writing the scenes where Piper and Asher just talk, looking at the stars. I loved the way they spoke together, and Asher's poetic nature despite what he is.

 
Do you have any works in progress?

Ah! I have so many! My mains are a Sci-fi romance about Brain-chip con artists, a surrealist "anti-Lolita", and a Cyberpunk book.

 
What are you currently reading?

The Diviners by Libba Bray.

 
What is your favorite book? 

Notes from Underground, by Fyodor Dostoyevski.

 
Who is your favorite author? 

Dostoyevski :)

 
What is your favourite film?

Tough one! My go-to is actually the movie True Romance. I love the juxtaposition of love and violence.

 
What is your favourite TV show?

Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell are major favorites of mine. I also love LOST and wish it had never ended!


Quick-fire questions:

Chocolate or ice cream? Chocolate!
Paperback or ebook? Ebook
Dogs or cats? Cat-dog? I love both, but I have a cat.
Go out or stay in? Stay in. (Introvert alert!)
Summer or winter? Winter until Christmas. I love when the earth is sleeping.




Trying not to fangirl right now that I've interviewed one of my fave authors!


Go buy these books!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment