Saturday 4 October 2014

Review - Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas



Title: Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 404
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Release date: 2nd August 2012

Blurb from Goodreads:

Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly.
Destined for greatness.

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?








My Review:

* I own a copy of this book *

3.5/5 stars


Okay so I expected to love this. I thought while reading it I would be all
 


However while I did enjoy it I didn't love it. I kinda hate that I didn't because I really wanted to.

Seeing as Celaena was supposed to be this badass assassin I didn't really understand why she was so scared of the king. She didn't even explain why she was scared of him.

Then there was the love triangle.

 

Going into this I didn't know that there was a love triangle (surprising I know) and I have to say that I was really disappointed when I realised that there was one. It just didn't seem necessary and it annoyed me. 



Overall while I did enjoy it I was slightly disappointed.

No comments :

Post a Comment