Tuesday 1 March 2016

Blog Talk - Are Reviews Helpful?



As someone who reads and writes reviews, I often wonder are reviews actually helpful?


After all, everyone has different opinions - someone might love a book...




... and another person might hate it.
 



 But there will be some people out there that have similar opinions to you so I guess the thing to do is read their reviews.



Another thing that makes reviews helpful or unhelpful, is how they are written.


For example, I find reviews hard to write so I try and focus on the following:

 The characters - did I like them? Did they develop?

The setting - was it interesting?

The plot - did it hold my attention? Was it predictable?

The writing style - was it easy to follow? 



These are the main things I would like to know when reading a review.


I envy the people that can just write and write. Sometimes I just don't know what to say about a book.



Do you find reviews helpful?

 

No comments :

Post a Comment