Monday 30 May 2016

Things That Make Me Not Want To Reply To Your Book Promo Email





I receive quite a few emails from authors and book tour organisers asking me to promote books.


How the email is worded and what it includes depends on how likely I am to reply and agree to promote the book.



Here are the dos for emailing people you want to promote your book/tour company:


DO include my name

Seriously. This is the most important thing for me. 
If someone doesn't include my name then most of the time I won't even read the email.
Including my name shows that you've taken the time to look at my blog and not just for contact info.



DO include links 

If you're emailing me about a book you want me to review then include links! For example, Goodreads and Amazon.




DO read my list of preferred genres

If you email me about a genre of book I've said on my contact page that I don't like, then I won't want to read it!




DO send author bio and links

If I do agree to promote your book with a promo or guest post etc, then include info about yourself as well!
Readers like finding out about authors as well so send your bio and links to your website and social media accounts.




Are there any things that will make you not want to reply to book promo emails?

No comments :

Post a Comment